Why Choose Infracon?
We believe it’s our people who make our company successful. We hire people who are smart, energetic and assertive.
Our people are empowered to think like owners. We approach each day and every task with a sense of adventure and possibility. As individuals and as a team, we are inspired and motivated by challenge.
- We…believe in striking a healthy work life balance.
- We…prioritize the personal development of our team.
- We…offer rewarding and challenging opportunities that will stretch you personally and professionally.
- We…will foster your success to ensure you achieve your career goals.
- We…believe people come first.
- We…value you for who you are and what you can bring to the table.
With multiple job sites and diverse services, there are always opportunities for new challenges and growth within the company.
We are an integrated earthworks entity based in Edmonton, Alberta with site locations in Merritt B.C., Kamloops B.C., Grande Prairie AB and Fort St John B.C. We have two primary operating companies currently located in B.C. with extensive earth moving equipment and crews working on a variety of earthworks projects in the gas, pipeline, mining and commercial sectors.
- LNB Construction – LNB is a diversified, civil earthworks company with locations in Edmonton Alberta, Kamloops, Fort St. John and Merritt, British Columbia.
- Minex Contractors – Minex in partnership with CLAC executes heavy civil and excavation related construction services.
Infracon provides a unique turnkey offering in earth moving, surveying, under grounds and other site services; and coming soon, piling capability. Our goal is to provide top-tier solutions that utilize today’s most efficient technology and equipment to keep our projects on time and on budget.
Virtually everything we do involves collaboration. We work as a team focused on delivering value for our clients. That is the key to our culture, and it strengthens Infracon.
We believe it’s about working with people you enjoy and respect. It’s about the “meeting of the minds” and challenging each other. It’s about individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a community.
We are competitive. We pay and reward for performance based on corporate profits with a continuous eye towards the needs and objectives of the business – today and tomorrow. This requires a carefully crafted recipe on different forms of compensation to meet the diverse needs of our various employee groups.
Our safety values are a key part of our culture. Our employees are part of the Infracon family – we make sure they have the resources and support they need to keep them safe. Our safety program is built on the participation and cooperation of all employees at all levels, with senior management commitment in every area.
Our Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee is a valuable tool that involves workers and managers, and ensures open communication, involvement and transparency in workplace issues.
- We…are an execution, service based organization focused on our client’s needs.
- We…are an open, transparent and proactive.
- We…continue to invest in developing our people to innovate and do things differently.
- We…do “whatever it takes” in a safe manor.
- We…are results oriented and accountable.
- We…understand that our clients need to be our primary focus.
- We…are adaptable.
- We…are diverse.
- We…are a high-performing team.
- We…utilize leading technology.
Diversity and inclusion are part of the Infracon culture.
We embrace an environment that attracts, develops and retains individuals with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. These include but are not limited to: race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, linguistic origin, citizenship, colour, ancestry, place of origin, creed (religion, faith, spirituality), family status, marital status, ability or disability, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, education, style, socio-economic class, and political belief. Such differences help us connect better with our employees, clients and in the communities in which we live and work.
We see diversity as more than just a policy. By recognizing our employee’s unique perspectives and experiences, our employees feel included, valued and empowered to bring great ideas to the table.
Our diversity and inclusion efforts include:
- Developing and maintaining win-win relationships with our employees, clients, suppliers and communities.
- Reflecting the marketplaces we serve and the demographics of our communities.
- Engaging with our clients and employees in a manner that respects their unique perspectives and experiences.
- Leveraging workplace relationships by creating a culture of inclusion.
- Creating a work environment that fosters learning and growth.
Infracon believes as successful members of the community, we recognize and embrace our social responsibility to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work. Investing in the communities in which we operate our business is another great way to give back to those who have helped support our business success. If and when we are not able to donate financially, donating our time is just as and sometimes more valuable that donating money.
We encourage our employees to volunteer by matching their interests and passions; and leveraging their strengths, capabilities and expertise to individuals and/or organizations that they are passionate about. Whether that be a run for cancer, delivering Christmas hampers, helping out at local schools, providing training in the community; we support our employees getting involved and giving back to the community.
Infracon’s community efforts include:
- Emphasize the importance and positive effects of volunteering in the community;
- Communicate opportunities to volunteer to all employees;
- Encourage employees to take action and make a difference – “I am only one person and I CAN make a difference”;
- Provide time off to volunteer.
Our Aboriginal Community
Infracon is committed to establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships with each Aboriginal group within the communities in which we work and on many of our projects.
Through developing relationships built on trust, respect, honesty and inclusion, Infracon establishes partnerships, joint ventures and working agreements with various Aboriginal groups. We value these relationships and believe that the collaboration with Aboriginal people and their communities is crucial.
Our mission is to deliver quality efficient full range construction survey, 3D design, and GPS machine control solutions. We believe in critical thinking and are focused on staying ahead of the industry curve by redefining the industry itself. Our Survey team is geared around GPS survey, 3D design and GPS machine control. We have multiple excavators and dozers equipped with GPS machine control capabilities.
We make it our business to find new ways to utilize cutting edge GPS systems and technology packages on all types of construction projects. By using 3D modelling we can also spot issues and obstacles before they happen; and as a direct result we save our clients’ money time and time again.
We use computerized 3D models to achieve the desired design grades for a job. Whether it is a road, detention pond, or even a pipe trench, we can create designs and program our survey and machine control equipment to do what we want. This process has proven to be extremely helpful in order to keep the project running smoothly in tight schedule environment when there is no time to wait for revisions to be made by the engineers.
Infracon takes pride in ensuring we have top notch equipment and that our fleet is proactively maintained for our highly skilled operators. We aim to offer professional and efficient services, to serve our clients to the best of our ability and to strive for continuous improvement.
We continuously scan the market and listen to our client’s needs in order to provide the equipment they require for the completion of their diverse range of projects and applications.
Our highly skilled operators possess outstanding technical knowledge and have diverse experience enabling us to adapt to the changing work environment. This reflects the requirements of today’s complex projects with relation to the equipment, safety, schedule and environment. We instil ongoing training and improvement for each individual member of our team, ensuring that every operator is a flexible and a valuable asset to the company.
Makes and Models
- Excavators (50, 135, 205, 225, 350, 450, 470, 800)
- Dozers (700, 750, 850, D7, D8, D9)
- Graders (JD 772)
- Rock Truck 30T (JD 300 & Terex TA30)
- Rock Truck 40T (JD 410)
- Loaders (744, 844, 966)
- Crew Trucks (½ Ton, ¾ Ton, 1 Ton)
Our Hiring Philosophy
Our objective is to ensure we have the right structure and people within our company to enable us to deliver the highest possible value to our clients.
We strive to attract and hire quality candidates that enhance our workforce. Attraction strategies will differ depending on the role we are looking for fill. Our hiring process ensure we get the right fit for the right person in the right job, but most importantly, we hire people whose values and attitudes fit the values and attitudes of our company.